The International Alliance of Research Universities (IARU), is a prestigious alliance that includes the University of Copenhagen. IARU is a valuable networking opportunity for Center for Healthy Aging, who arranges meetings and workshops and utilizes IARU as a mechanism for enhancing collaboration and future research activities, mainly through the IARU Aging, Longevity and Health initiative. The close association between Center for Healthy Aging and IARU is a cornerstone in the efforts to internationalize the center.
- Australian National University
- ETH Zurich
- National University of Singapore
- Peking University
- University of California, Berkeley
- University of Cambridge
- University of Cape Town
- University of Copenhagen
- University of Oxford
- University of Tokyo
- Yale University
An important milestone for Center for Healthy Aging is to engage promising, young researchers from across the world through exchange programmes for PhD students, postdocs, and junior research staff, as well as through hosting international workshops and summer schools.
Aging, Longevity and Health Initative
In 2014, Center for Healthy Aging empowered the IARU network further by forming the IARU Aging, Longevity and Health Steering Committee, whose raison d’être is to increase engagement across IARU campuses and to promote joint activities and funding opportunities for IARU Aging, Longevity and Health participants.
The Aging, Longevity and Health Steering Committee includes:
- Professor Lene Juel Rasmussen, University of Copenhagen
- Professor Kaarin Anstey, Australian National University
- Professor Ho Teck Hua, National University of Singapore
- Professor Xiaoying Zheng, Peking University
- Professor William Satariano, University of California, Berkeley
- Dr Louise Lafortune, University of Cambridge
- Professor Sarah Harper, University of Oxford
- Professor Junichiro Okata, The University of Tokyo (Chair)