PhD Academy (PAIAR)
PhD Academy for Interdisciplinary Aging Research (PAIAR) aims to develop and organize PhD courses within the field of interdisciplinary aging research. The courses are primarily targeted CEHA PhD students but open to all students at UCPH as well as students from other Danish and international universities.
Since 2015, the PhD courses organized by CEHA's young researchers have been given approval and finance from the Graduate School of Health and Medical Sciences. Originally, Network for Young Scholars (NYS) undertook the organization but from 2018, a new entity has been established to concentrate solely on the continued development of high standard interdisciplinary aging PhD courses.
PAIAR aims to establish a catalogue of self-sustainable, high quality, and internationally recognized PhD courses within the field of aging and interdisciplinarity.
PhD courses developed by PAIAR
- How to conduct interdisciplinary research
(Last organized in December 2018)
- Aging from a cross disciplinary perspective
- Applied statistics for interdisciplinary research
- Bio-molecular techniques in aging research
- Claus Desler, Associate professor
- Jakob Agergaard, Postdoc
- Elisabeth Holm Diget, PhD student
- Sasmita Kusumastuti, Postdoc
- Pia Nygaard, Academic officer, CEHA Secretariat
If you want to hear more about PAIAR and upcoming PhD courses, please contact Pia Nygaard.