Network for Young Scholars
Network for Young Scholars (NYS) in Center for Healthy Aging is a network for PhD students and postdocs affiliated with the center. The vision is to build a platform for young researchers to promote research training, educational activities, and social networking in an interdisciplinary context.
Since 2009, shifting steering groups have organized the activities including Academic Fridays, conferences, and PhD courses. In 2017, it was decided to form an autonomous entity concentrating solely on organizing PhD courses, the PhD Academy for Interdisciplinary Aging Research (PAIAR). At the same time, it was decided to reintroduce an increased focus on research training and social networking by establishing a new NYS steering group and develop the network further.
- Anna Constance Vind, PhD student
- Michael Ben Ezra, PhD student
- Zhiquan Li, PhD student
- Casper Søndenbroe, PhD student
- Linn Gillberg, Postdoc
- Sarah Zaccagni, Postdoc
If you are interested in joining the steering group, please contact Head of Secretariat Niels Kristian Madsen, firstname.lastname@example.org or Academic officer Emilie Johansen, email@example.com for more information.
Activities and events
An ongoing activity arranged by NYS is PI Lunches. The idea is to provide an opportunity for young researchers to meet with Center for Healthy Aging affiliated PIs to discuss career development in an informal setting and to give them a view into "the life of a PI".
If you are interested in NYS events, please visit our Facebook page for reminders of events and networking.
Great ideas for workshops, seminars, and other events are always welcome! If you would like to take an active share in the network, please contact Head of Secretariat Niels Kristian Madsen, firstname.lastname@example.org or Academic officer Emilie Johansen, email@example.com for more information.
Overview of previous activities
- PI Lunch with Professor Marco Piovesan 27 February 2020
- PI Lunch with Professor Jørn Wulff Helge 12 December 2019
- Pitch Battle X Friday Bar 25 October 2019
- PI Lunch with Professor Linda Bergersen 6 June 2019
- PI Lunch with Associate Professor Maria Kristiansen 11 April 2019
- PI Lunch with Professor Lene Juel Rasmussen 24 January 2019
- Hosting of Science Slam at CEHA Retreat 18 December 2018
- PI Lunch with Karsten Vrangbæk 12 December 2018
- PI Lunch with Professor Rudi Westendorp 25 October 2018
- PI Lunch with Professor Michael Kjær 13 September 2018
- Brunch meeting with members of CEHA Scientific Advisory Board (SAB) 23 March 2018