The International Alliance of Research Universities, IARU, is a prestigious alliance that includes the University of Copenhagen. IARU is a valuable networking opportunity
for the Center for Healthy Aging, who arrange meetings and workshops and utilize IARU as a mechanism for enhancing collaboration and future research activities, mainly through the IARU Aging, Longevity and Health initiative. The close association between Center for Healthy Aging and IARU is a cornerstone in the efforts to internationalize the center.
- University of Copenhagen
- Yale University
- University of California at Berkeley
- Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Zurich (ETH)
- University of Cambridge
- University of Oxford
- National University of Singapore
- Australian National University
- Peking University
- University of Tokyo.
An important milestone for the Center is to engage promising, young researchers from across the world through exchange programmes for PhD students, post-docs, and junior research staff, as well as through hosting international workshops and Summer Schools.
Aging, Longevity and Health Initative
In 2014, Center for Healthy Aging empowered the IARU network further by forming the IARU Aging, Longevity and Health Steering Committee, whose raison d’être is to increase engagement across IARU campuses and to promote joint activities and funding opportunities for IARU Aging, Longevity and Health participants.
The Aging, Longevity and Health Steering Committee includes:
- Professor Lene Juel Rasmussen, University of Copenhagen
- Professor Kaarin Anstey, Australian National University
- Professor Ho Teck Hua, National University of Singapore
- Professor Xiaoying Zheng, Peking University
- Professor William Satariano, University of California, Berkeley
- Dr Louise Lafortune, University of Cambridge
- Professor Sarah Harper, University of Oxford
- Professor Junichiro Okata, The University of Tokyo (Chair)